Free $25 Gift Card From American Express when you order a Prepaid Card and load $200 or more at the time of order.
Offer ends August 31, 2012.
Review of this AMEX Promotion
This deal is very similar to one that they had in June – See here. Back in June I ordered three cards, loaded $200 on each of them and within 15 days, I received three $25 American Express Gift Cards – see the picture below. I am going to order couple more of these for myself. Both New and Existing card members are eligible.
Steps to get your FREE $25 Gift Card:
- Step 1: Order your Prepaid Card here.
- Select the option: “I would like to order a new Card (I don’t have a temporary Card).”
- Remember, You must add $200+ at the time of ordering to get the free $25.
- You will be asked for your SS#, however, NO credit check will be run.
- Step 2: Once your card has shipped, Activate your card and Set up your account
- Your $25 FREE American Express gift card will be sent to you via mail within 6 weeks
- Step 3: Use your American Express Prepaid Card at a merchant to purchase an item or withdraw the cash from an ATM – See more details below.
Any Credit Checks and Fees?
There is NO credit checks whatsoever. Also there are NO fees associated with the card (see the complete FAQ on AMEX website here) and you can spend the money like cash i.e. wherever American Express Cards are accepted.
This is from the American Express Prepaid Card website
- NO MONTHLY OR ANNUAL FEES
- NO PURCHASE FEES
- NO OVERDRAFT FEES
- NO CREDIT CHECK
- NO DEBT
Existing American Express Prepaid Card Holders eligible?
Even if you have had a Prepaid American Express earlier, you are still eligible for the $25 gift card bonus if you order a New Prepaid Card and load $200 or more at the time of order – that’s a nice 12.5% return on your deposit.
T&C’s state that the offer is valid for all New Card orders with a Single $200 load, including additional/supplemental accounts associated with an existing Card purchaser’s account. So the Existing Card Holders must order a NEW card to receive the gift card. Reloading money on the old card will not work.
How many can I get?
Terms and Conditions put the limit to only one $25 Gift Card Per New Card user named on a Card. So you could order one for yourself and another for your spouse for a total of two cards. If you have additional members in your household, you could potentially get more.
Free ATM Withdrawals
You even get one Free ATM withdrawal per month (up to $400 per day) if you can find an ATM that doesn’t charge a fee on their end i.e. Amex will not charge any fees, but the ATM might charge a fee . WAWA is one such chain of convenience store/gas stations on the East Coast which doesn’t charge any fees for withdrawals from their ATM machine.
American Express will charge $2 per withdrawal after the first free one.
- Keep in mind that the card must be Active when the gift card is sent, which could take up to 6 weeks after opening (but usually, its much quicker). It means that you shouldn’t just withdraw or spend the $200 and then close the card; you should wait until you get your Gift card. American Express will de-activate the card if you don’t have any transactions for One year after getting the prepaid card.
- Another little tidbit from the user agreement is that “The Card is not intended for use for gambling or adult entertainment purchases, which you agree NOT to make with the Card.”
- Cannot be sent to residents in the states of Arkansas or Vermont