Discover More Card
Card Name: Discover More Card with 18 Month Promotional Balance Transfer Offer
Card Link: Discover More Card
Signup Bonus: None
Spending Requirements: None
Annual Fee: None
Cash Back: Earn 5% Cashback Bonus in rotating categories like Gas, Restaurants, Department Stores and more and 1% cash back on all other purchases. You Earn a full 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus on all other purchases after your total annual purchases exceed $3,000; other purchases that are part of your first $3,000 earn only 0.25% (yes, that’s quarter percentage only). It is Important to note here that you must sign up (it’s free and you can do it online or through the phone) for each 5% program! Here are the 5% cashback categories for 2012:
- Redeem Cashback Bonus for Gift cards, Merchandise, or just cash in the form of a direct deposit to your bank account or a credit to your Discover card account in $50 increments, starting at $50. What I like about their cash rebates is that you can double the value of your rebates by redeeming them for certain gift cards (over 100 partner stores).
- You can get up to 20% Cashback Bonus at popular retailers when you shop online through Discover.com.
- You must sign up (it’s free and you can do it online or through the phone) for each 5% program! Also, if you spend more than the specified amount for each 5% program, the excess will automatically earn up to 1% cash back.
- If you spend more than $3,000 a year then only you will receive 1% cash back. Once you have crossed $ 3000 threshold, then you start receiving only 1% cash back on all your purchases made after first $3,000 during the year. All other purchases that are part of your first $3,000 earn only 0.25% (yes, that’s quarter percentage only).
- 0% APR on Balance Transfers for 18 Months and 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 10.99% – 20.99%* will apply – this is great for stoozers.
- Basically a Great Card if you have low spending and are looking strictly for Cash Back otherwise I would go with any of the cards in the Hot Deals Section.