I came across this promotion for Nationwide Visa Buxx Prepaid Card few days back but wanted to test it out before I recommend to anyone else. With this promotion, you can get a $50 bonus when you sign up for a new card and is a great way to meet your spending requirements without actually spending any money at all.
Anyways I Opended/funded my account on 8/9. Few days later I received the card and activated the same. I received my bonus yesterday i.e. on 8/27 so as you can see you will need to be patient.
Steps to get your FREE $5o Bonus:
- Go to the Nationwide Visa Prepaid Page here and click Enroll
- Sign up as a PARENT to claim the offer
- Follow the steps to create an account
- Once you finish making an account, click on the “Add New Teen” Tab
- Use any information to “add a teen.” You can just use your own social security number again to add a teen.
- When you come to the box that asks your for a promo code, use the code: 02010059
- Make an initial load of at least $25. They only take Visa or Mastercard so sadly this won’t work for Amex Cards.
- Wait 5 to 7 business days for your Nationwide Visa Buxx Prepaid Card with a $50 bonus to arrive in the mail
Any Credit Checks and Fees?
There is NO credit checks whatsoever. There is a $5 fee for setting up a new card, and a $2 load charge, but obviously the $50 credit more than makes up for that.
How many can I get?
It looks like that you can get one card per SSN, so you should be able to repeat it for every adult in your household.
Can you cancel it? Is there a Fee for cancellation?
Following is the text from their website for canceling:
Either a parent or a teen can suspend the card at any time, for any reason. The Nationwide Bank Visa Buxx card cannot be used again until it is reactivated by the parent. This can be done by calling 1-866-213-3293.
You can close your teen’s Nationwide Bank Visa Buxx card via the website or by calling 1-866-213-3293. Please keep in mind that once you have permanently closed your teen’s Nationwide Bank Visa Buxx card, you cannot re-activate or re-open the card. Although your teen can no longer use the Nationwide Bank Visa Buxx card, the card will remain active for ten days so all pending transactions have posted, the available balance will be credited to your funding account. If your teen has a negative balance after all transactions have posted, your funding account will be charged the remaining balance. You will be notified via your email address five days prior to any debit or credit being applied to your funding account.
Steps to cancel it
To close the account, Sign into your account and click on the CLOSE Card option in the left box at the bottom. All remaining funds will be credited back to your original payment method.
- Once you Activate your card it will take 2-7 days for the $50 to show up.
- People who funded their account with Citibank credit cards got charged a $25 cash advance fee so please be careful with Citibank credit cards. Debit cards should be fine.
- They only take Visa or Mastercard so sadly this will NOT work for American Express Credit Cards.
- When setting up, select Yes to the option to have the ability to withdraw cash from an ATM. you will be able to withdraw from your nearest Allpoint ATM .
Good luck to all of you and have fun!