Visa Black Card – Review
The Visa Black Card is by Barclays Bank and NOT truly a Black card like American Express Centurion. First, I thought that Visa Black is a ‘black card’ from Visa , but the truth is , Visa doesn’t offer ‘black’ tier of cards. I believe that the top level for Visa Cards is Visa Signature or Platinum . ‘Black Card’ is simply a brand name trademarked by Barclays Bank, It is touted as the credit card intended for US Residents with outstanding credit rating who wish to have the benefit and status of having probably the most expensive cards in the United States . So , if you are willing to spend $495 each year simply to have this as a status symbol, then it okay but I would not recommend it.
Here’s the application link in case you want to apply
What Does the (Visa) Black Card Offer Anyway?
For $495 in Annual Fees, you get the following benefits:
- Prestige of Black Card - First of all, its very exclusive and has limited membership – let’s face it, this exclusivity itself matters a lot to some people.
- Accessibility to VIP lounges - This card comes along with totally free membership to Priority Pass (the biggest independent airport lounge program), which will allow you unlimited visits to over 350 lounges in 200 cities worldwide.
- Rewards Program for cardholders – It allows you to redeem points for either 1% cash back or for airfare on any airline with no blackouts or restrictions. So if you put all your purchases on it then you can easily make up for the annual fee.
- 24/7 Concierge Service - Concierges are valuable in assisting with travel plans, hotel stays, recreational activities, dinner outings, business outings, and entertainment options. A concierge is really like having a personal assistant. For those with a busy schedule, using the concierge service can be a huge time-saver.
- Introductory Rate Offer - 0% APR for 15 Billing Cycles.
- Carbon Graphite Card - Instead of being made out of plastic (like most cards), This Black Card is made out of a much lighter carbon material. Its patent pending, and feels lighter and different to the touch.
- Luxury Gifts - Members will receive Luxury Gifts from some of the world’s top brands like Nordstrom’s, Bed, Bath & Beyond, a Cross Pen set, complementary dinners at various steakhouses and restaurants, and more.
- Travel Related Perks such as $250 ,000 worldwide travel accident insurance, lost baggage reimbursement, baggage delay insurance coverage, trip cancellation insurance coverage, trip delay insurance coverage, auto rental collision damage waiver, roadside assistance, legal, medical and travel services.
- Zero liability protection against unapproved purchases on your Black Card account.
- Purchase protection and Extended Warranty . Purchase protection will repair, replace or reimburse up to $500 per claim of eligible items within 90 days from the purchase date. Extended warranty gives you up to an additional year of free warranty from the original manufacturer on eligible items you buy with your Black Card.
If you travel a lot for business, then I can see the annual fee easily paying for itself with the VIP lounge access. Also if you are an executive or have your own business and you put the concierge service to good use then the Visa Black Card can save you time and money in research and planning.