Did you know that you can Exchange your gift cards for MileagePlus award miles?
MileagePlus Gift Card Exchange program is run by Plastic Jungle and they accept the gift cards from below list of retailers. They accept partially used cards or cards with uneven balances so long the balance remaining is more than $25. The the amount of award miles offered varies for each gift card but as per their website the following is the Minimum Award Miles given.
What you need to know about MileagePlus Gift Card Exchange
- You will need to login to your MileagePlus account in order to do an exchange or even to see the miles that you can get for a gift card. If you are satisfied with the exchange offer then you can submit it for an exchange.
- The amount of award miles offered in exchange for the gift card varies and includes a 7.5% federal excise tax.
- You don’t need to mail in your gift card. The exchange is done electronically.
- There’s no limit to the number of gift cards you can exchange.
- All gift card exchanges are final.
- Miles could take up to 5 days to be deposited into your MileagePlus account.
- You’ll receive the full value remaining on your gift card in award miles. But there could be some exceptions to this.
Gift Card Retailer List
The Union Plus Mortgage Program, exclusively from Chase, is available to active and retired union members, their parents and children. Union members can save $495 on closing costs on new home purchases and refinances.Union Plus is a registered trademark of Union Privilege. This program is only available to bona fide members of participating unions, their parents and children. Eligibility for mortgage assistance begins one year after closing on a Union Plus Mortgage with Chase. For more information regarding mortgage assistance, visit www.unionplus.org
or contact them at 1-800-472-2005. See all Terms and Conditions before applying.
United Mileage Plus — Members can earn up to 50,000 bonus miles with a new mortgage from Chase.
Marriott Rewards — Members can earn up to 75,000 points with a new mortgage from Chase.
Priority Club Rewards — members can earn up to 75,000 points with a new mortgage from Chase.
The following is a link for 1 ,000 totally free miles from United Airlines. You get these free miles for simply registering your Mileage Plus Credit Card with United’s Mileage Plus Shopping Portal.
United MileagePlus link
Enter your Mileage Plus number as well as password and it will take you to the enrollment page.
Terms and Conditions say that you need to have received an email from MileagePlus Shopping to be eligible for the bonus offer.
Terms & Conditions: Offer valid thru 7/31/12. To qualify for the 1,000 bonus award miles offer, you must register your MileagePlus Credit Card in the MileagePlus Shopping program during the time of this promotion. The maximum number of bonus miles that can be awarded to each qualifying member through this promotion is 1,000 bonus miles. This bonus offer is available only for members who received an email from MileagePlus Shopping. The bonus award miles will post to your MileagePlus account within 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion end date.
I did not receive an email from MileagePlus Shopping, but yet it allowed me to register and stated that I will receive the 1 ,000 free miles (see below). Additionally it is reported on the MilePoint forums that older Continental OnePass cards will also work for this promo.
Lately , United happens to be giving away plenty of free miles . Great for us since it helps us to accumulate for a free trip.
Following are additional Free Miles Earning opportunities:
United MileagePlus Reward Miles
Earn 1000 Free United Mileage Plus Miles for Yourself as well as your friends and family by following the 5 simple steps laid out below:
- Go here (OR Alternatively you could go to www.united.com , follow MileagePlus –> Earn Award Miles –> Gifts , flowers, wine, daily deals, and more –>Thanks Again (its towards the bottom above e-miles).
- Sign up for a New Account. Not sure if this would work for existing accounts.
- Log into your New ThanksAgain account and then Click on “My Account”; Exactly above the green “SUBMIT” button, you will see “Click Here to Join Thanks Again Offers”. Simply mouse click on it to join.
- On the subsequent page , click on “Earn 1000 Bonus Miles” and Enter your mobile phone number (Suggestion: I tried with Google Voice numbers but it do NOT work , which means you will need to use your actual mobile phone number) as well as an actual ( NOT prepaid ) VISA card number.
- After you submit your information, you should receive a text message on your phone with a unique 3-digit code . Enter that 3-digit code on the confirmation page and after that you should get this message “Success! You are now enrolled in Thanks Again Offers. Thank you for joining.”
Miles usually will post to your Thanks Again account within 4-6 weeks and to your United Mileage Plus account within 6-8 weeks . Offer expires September 30 , 2012 .
United is giving away 500 free united miles to anyone who signs up for their text messages (SMS). You’ll need to link your Cell Phone number with your MileagePlus number and a Visa credit card number. United will delve into your credit card history to analyze your purchasing patterns and send your targeted offers. You can receive up to 10 text messages/month with these offers.
You can register online and then unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 81825 or alternatively you could do it online. To be absolutely sure , I would suggest to wait until your bonus miles are posted and then remove your subscription. It could take up to six weeks for the points to be posted into your account. This offer is open to USA residents only and you’ll need to register by October 31.
Free United Miles
Enroll in MyPoints here and get 750 Free United miles after thirty-day period of Free membership. MyPoint is a shopping portal that allows you to earn points on the things you buy , plus checking targeted e-mail sent to your mailbox, taking online surveys , playing games, etc.
Bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after 30 days of MyPoints membership.
You could then exchange all these points across many different hotel and airlines . I don’t use MyPoints for shopping at all, as I would rather shop directly through Airline shopping malls . But nonetheless, I will sign up for Free miles as well as the associated junk e-mail! which is a lot so I advise you to create a free email account at yahoo, gmail or hotmail to avoid the junk cluttering your primary email box.
For those who have signed up earlier for a MyPoints offer , you will NOT get the bonus a 2nd time , simply because MyPoints is pretty good about awarding the bonus only one time.
After Bonus miles are posted into your account, you can unsubscribe from all emails to stop getting the Spam. You can do that by logging into your account and at the bottom right of that page you will see the option to Manage Your Account. Select Manage Email Subscriptions.
And then Unsubscribe from all. Don’t forget to save your settings after Unsubscribing.